Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mental Case

So. Its after work and I decide what I could use is a nice pint. So being somewhat lacking in actual, bona-fide hard currency I thought I had better pop to the cash-point, when I got there the guy in front of me was having a slightly heated discussion with a girl. So off she went saying that she hoped he'd have a good evening in a manner that suggested that she really hoped that he didn't.

So he finished up at the cash point and off he went he hot pursuit of his stroppy companion and I step up to put my card in and it won't let me - bearing in mind I'd been at work for a good 15 hours by this point and was a little confused - the little screen says "please take your cash" and out pops £100.

"Oh" thinks I, i'd better go after him - but there is no sign. Could have gone to anyone of 10 bars in the vicinity, so I wandered back to the cash point and still no sign.

So I went to the pub. And decided to take some professional advice. Phoned a couple of mates in search of my friendly neighbourhood policeman - he suggested that i hand it as lost property. Pretty well everyone else decided I was mental to do so, heck even the policeman wasn't wholly convinced i should bother.

Still, I'm pretty sure it was the right thing to do, and i'd of felt bloody awful to have kept it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home